Susan G. Komen® fundraisers help support national research programs as well as provide screenings, education and treatments to thousands of women and men who cannot afford breast health care in our community.
Join the movement! Turn your support into action by committing to a personal fundraising goal today.
How to Fundraise
Fundraising is easy with online fundraising tools and social media! When you registered for the event, you automatically received your own fundraising website, which can be personalized. Your website is your starting point for spreading the word and maximizing your fundraising impact.
Get started now:
- Visit your Fundraising Center.
- Customize your page and share your link.
- Encourage everyone you know to visit your site, learn more about your commitment to the fight against breast cancer and make a donation on your behalf.
- Use the email templates provided in the Fundraising Center to easily send emails to your friends and families.
- Through the Fundraising Center, use Facebook to connect with friends and spread the word about your fundraising efforts.
- Download the FREE SGK Race app for iPhone or Android to unlock the full virtual event experience. Not only can you fundraise on-the-go and track your progress, you can track your steps as part of the Race for the Cure community and learn more about our mission to end breast cancer. Click here for more information or search SGK Race in your app store. Then log in with your username and password to get started.
- Fundraise on your personal Facebook page to raise money from friends more easily! Create your own fundraising page in Facebook where you can post updates, invite friends, build momentum and reach your goal faster.
To make the most of your efforts, consider these tips from other successful event fundraisers:
- Set a personal goal today. (We suggest $250)
- Make the first gift yourself to show your commitment!
- Utilize your Fundraising Center. Take advantage of our online tools to ask friends and family to make a donation to support you.
- Tell your story. Share your passion for the breast cancer movement with family, friends, coworkers and everyone in between.
- Spread the word on social media. Don’t underestimate the power of Facebook and Twitter.
- Find out whether your company has a matching gift program. If so, partner with your workplace with a matching gift.
- Send a personalized letter reusing your holiday card mailing list.
- Download a list of 101 Fundraising Ideas.
- Download our Fundraising Toolkit
Collecting Cash or Check Donations?
If you plan on collecting donations by cash or check, please download a mail-in fundraising form.
Mail-in fundraising forms must be received by [MONTH, XX], 2016, for donations to be credited toward your fundraising goal. Any forms received after that date will be counted as general event donations.
Forms should be mailed to:
Note: Be sure to include your full name and complete contact information on the form so we may inform you of additional donations received on your behalf. On the form, please be sure to list the full names and addresses of people who make donations on your behalf so that we may send them their tax-deductible receipt.